Friday, May 28, 2010

MARKETED OPPRESSION VS. RELEVANCE SOUGHT

YOU'VE BEEN SOLD
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TOLD
YOU BOUGHT THAT SHIT
YOU'VE BEEN MEASURED TO FIT
YOU BELIEVE IT'S YOUR PERCEPTION
ALL THAT'S LEFT IS COOPERATION
YOU MUST CHANGE WHAT YOU SEE
YOUR VALUES ARE NOT WHAT THEY SHOULD BE
IN ORDER TO REALIZE WHAT IT IS TO LIVE
YOU MUST FIRST CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE
SEEK RELEVANCE
GO OVERBOARD IN HASTE
FOR ALL YOUR UNDERSTANDING
CHANGE TAKES THE TIME YOU WASTE
START A REVOLUTION
RISING UP INSIDE THE GATE
SUPRISE THE INSTITUTION
EXPECTING YOU TO WAIT
By: Pancho Madness

2 comments:

  1. Pancho - Me likey! You know I love this rise up and power to the people stuff. Each time I read through this I think, "that's right". Each line has a slightly different meaning for me, e.g., You've been sold what you've been told", that line means a different thing for different parts of my life and different parts of me. Also, thanks for getting us started again. Whenever you or one of the group posts it makes me begin to feel like writing again - you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this poem can be understood in many different ways, I think you are mainly talking about government but as I read this I can use this poem to empower myself in many other ways in life. Thanks! Great way to start my day, by rising above what I have been told and sold!

    ReplyDelete